Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cydex

[10/01/2014] Rissoles and the Battersea Dogs & Cats Home

3 posts in this topic

6pb4.png

As most are now aware, our beloved Super Moderator Rissoles passed away on the 16th December 2013, His death was sudden and painless, but never the less a major shock to all of us.
Rissoles was and will always be a loved member of our site and more so our community which he himself seemed to have built.

He was only with us for just over a year but he quickly became one of our most loved members and was promptly promoted to Super Mod, he would always greet new members with an open heart and guide them through the site and help any and which way he could.
He constantly made our members laugh and made us all feel like we were apart of a great community.

Rissoles was more to us than just a member of the site, he was a great friend, even though we never met he would e-mail and Facebook us and probably many of you guys and girls outside of the site.

We here at Movie-HQ will miss him dearly and have decided to honor him the best way we can.
We have been in contact with his son who has fond memories of this father speaking to him about a place called
the Battersea Dogs & Cats Home in the UK.

So we have decided to get a collection together and purchase a Plaque at the Battersea Dogs Home with his name on to make sure he will never be forgotten.

If you would like to make a contribution to the purchase then please make a donation to our site and add your name and the Words "Rissole's Donation".

All donations made under his name will be donated to the Battersea Dogs & Cats Home under his name.

If any questions may arise, do not hesitate for a second to PM me or any other admins & mods available on the forum as this is very important and at the moment a priority to us.

Thanks in advance & kind regards,

The Forum Staff

8fwv.png eov7.png r8sw.png

Edit: I'm so late on this update but better late than never, I uploaded the pictures of the plaque that is now hanging at the Battersea Dogs & Cats Home for Rissoles. Thanks again everyone for your donations!

(I blurred out his last name to respect his privacy)

rissoles1.jpg

rissoles2.jpg

Edited by Cydex
Added the finished plaque!
4 people like this

brilliant idea, a permanent association for riss with the place he admired and for us a fixed reminder of a mate everyone could relate with young or old.

miss you already riss.

3 people like this

I have added the pictures of the plaque provided to me by the shelter.

1 person likes this