flavius

EU 2016

5 posts in this topic

Ok, are we in or are we out on June 23th, personally I am for out, but what does an old fart like me know about anything!!

And our American friends probably won't have a clue what you are talking about lol

I hope you stay in as it will causes havok for us here in Ireland if you leave with exports and everytihng else being affected, never mind then having to put borders back in place between the North and South of Ireland

Waterford will be wanted world wide whether we stay in or not and the border patrols should be funded by northern Ireland as it is them that will not want freedom of movement of foreign migrants entering ni.

Scotland is a poser, Sturgeon will want the scots out of the uk if the leavers win so a second independent referendum will be called, what a slap in the face for her if  second inde refer voted to stay in the uk, it would leave her with no where to go.

The welsh assembly is going greener by the week and will be spitting feathers if the leavers win but do not have the clout to call for independence.

I think with 72 years of living in England that we would be a stronger, richer nation for leaving, ok it will take time to readjust to the trade agreements and dismantle the red tape but the independent self governing of ourselves will lead to a stronger economy with more money for state benefits and the nhs, I will not mention immigration as that as been talked to death by all politicians,

I now pass the soap box over to any one with a view

I honestly think that we are stronger in. The trade relationship brings so much money into the economy, that would be sorely missed if we left. Sure, we COULD end up with some kind of trade deal, but it won't be very good. Do you really think the EU is going to give us a good trade deal if we leave? That would just tempt more countries to leave, and weaken the union.

Immigration is a massive talking point. But approximately 50% of immigrants come from outside of the EU, so is leaving going to solve any possible immigration problem we have? And that's not taking into account all the good that immigrants do for the economy. From my personal experience, immigrants are hard working, it's the lower echelons of British society that are a drain on resources.

Security. Sure, some immigrants may be terrorists. But also, some Britons may be terrorists too (look at the man who killed Jo Cox). In the EU, with all the countries of the Union working together, we can pool resources to stand a better chance of catching criminals and terrorists before they cause harm. This would be diminished if we left the Union (probably not completely though in all honestly... they're not THAT stupid).

The NHS is getting screwed by the government. Our British government. They reduce funding, not only to hospitals and GP surgeries. But also to student nurses. We saw how they were more than happy to try and screw over Doctors, and they have been trying something similar with the Nurses as well! We have one of the best health services in the world, and that is despite the government not supporting it properly. This, personally is a topic close to my heart, as my girlfriend is a nurse, so I see a lot of the [censored] that gets thrown at them (both physically and metaphorically).

I'm sure there are other topics to mention... but that's all I've got for now. The one thing I will say on the matter is, if you are unsure on how to vote, or a little bit on the fence. Vote IN. We can always leave at a later date, but getting back in to the EU if we change our minds will be much much harder.

well we are out,  mrs May has risen to power,   Boris is FO, make of that what you will  lol,    Khan has London by the throat and it looks as if  Andy Burnham the ousted labour front runner will get his hands on Manchester  land ( what about that neighbour )

things could be better and they could also be a bloody sight worse.        BalloonEmoticonsCollection_tears.png